Windows keys make things convenient for the users as it let them use the “Start menu” quickly. However, there are many instances where Windows keys don’t work for opening the Start menu. We believe that you are facing the same problem and arrive at this platform to get rid of this issue.
In this post, we are going to tell you about different methods using which “Windows Key not working” issue will be solved easily. Let’s check out all of them and choose the one that works best for you in www.office.com/setup .
Solution One- Unlocking the Windows Key
There are lots of keyboard models that come with a lock key using which Windows key can lock or unlock. You can’t access the Windows key if this key is switched on. If that’s the thing in your case, then you have to press the lock key on the keyboard so that the Windows key can be unlocked microsoftoffice.com/setup .
Solution Two- Checking the keyboard on a different system
Please note that this system will only work if you have an external keyboard. This method usually works with a desktop PC where you can remove the keyboard. Here, we suggest you connect them with a different computer and then checking whether the Windows key works or not. If it doesn’t work even in a different system, then there is a full possibility that the Windows key is physically broken. In that case, the best thing to do is replacing it with a new key.
Method Three- Enabling the Windows Key
If the first two methods don’t work, then this one is the most convincing thing to do. The Windows key can be enabled with the help of the Registry Editor. All you need to do is following the instructions mentioned below for completing this task.
- Tap on the Start menu button and write “regedit.” The pop-up menu will show up the “Regedit” option that needs to be clicked. It will help open the Registry Editor dialog box.
- Go straight to the HKEY_Local_Machine/System/Current ControlSet/Control.
- When the Control folder gets opened, you need to find the Keyboard Layout option. Once you have done it, please click on it.
- After that, right-click the Scancode Map option that appears in the right pane. Tap on the delete option and then click “Yes” for confirming the delete.
- After performing the delete action, you have to restart the system. There is a greater possibility that the problem has already got resolved.
Method Four- Updating Keyboard Drivers
If the top three methods don’t work, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Install Driver Easy application on your system.
- Tap on the “Scan Now” option in the application so that problem drivers in the computer can be detected.
- Click on the Update option located near the flagged keyboard driver so that the correct version of the driver can be installed.
Which of these methods has worked best for you? Tell us about it the comment section so that the fellow readers find it helpful.